Sunday Workout Rules
Open Workout is a chance for students to come and practice their skills on the apparatus under supervision of an instructor. Students can only practice skills they can perform unaided, the supervising instructor will ensure they are performed safely but may not spot or give lessons to individual students. Registered Shrewsbury Gymnastics students only are allowed at Open Workout.
You do not have to be enrolled in Summer classes to be eligible to attend Open Workout, as insurance coverage lasts all year long. So take advantage of it!
Students that fail to follow the rules will sit out or be sent home, for the safety of the other students
- Students must be 6 years or older to be dropped off by parents. Students under 6 must be accompanied by a parent or guardian
- No parents are allowed on the floor or near the apparatus without consent of the supervising instructor
- No horse play or rough housing of any kind will be tolerated. Practice only gymnastics; not karate, wrestling, etc.
- Gym games performed in classes (rope swings, ring swings, donut rolls, etc.) are allowed. Games not played in class (hide and seek, tag, dodge ball, etc.) are not.
- Gym mats are used for tumbling, not building forts
- 5 individual skills or 1 routine per turn on trampoline
- All regular gym safety rules must be followed
Sunday Workouts are held every Sunday at Shrewsbury Gymnastics for enrolled students. Because in the past some workouts have had to be cancelled on short notice, this website was created for gym members to check up on the status of Open Workout prior to leaving their homes or to plan attendance in advance. This site will only show the status of the next Open Workout - for information on Open Workouts later than the coming weekend use the contact information on the main page to get in touch with Coach Drew.
The status of the upcoming Open Workout will be listed as one of the following:
Please make sure to also double-check the hours & charge listed for Open Workout, as these can sometimes change for Summer classes and Regular-Season classes.
- OPEN - The gym will be open for scheduled workout
- CLOSED - The gym will be closed and no workout will take place
- TENTATIVE - The gym is currently scheduled to be open for regular workout but this may change, so keep an eye on the site. If this status does not change by Sunday, make sure you call the gym or Coach Drew to make sure the gym is open
The name of the coach running Open Workout is given for your convenience to know who will be in charge.
Back to Main Page